National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) Public Rate Hearing
On August 16, 2016, the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (Office) conducted a public hearing at the 412 Knott Building, 404 South Monroe Street, Florida Capitol Complex,
Tallahassee, FL. The purpose of the public hearing was to discuss NCCI’s proposed overall average statewide rate increase of 19.6% for workers’ compensation
insurance. NCCI, who files on behalf of Florida’s workers’ compensation insurance companies, submitted the rate filing as a result of
Florida Supreme Court decisions on Westphal v. City of St. Petersburg and Castellanos v. Next Door Company, as well as, impacts from updates
to the Florida Workers’ Compensation Health Care Provider Reimbursement Manual per Senate Bill 1402.
- November 23, 2016 - Order and Judgment
- November 28, 2016 – Notice of Appeal
- December 6, 2016 – Notice of Filing Motion to Consolidate Appeals
- December 6, 2016 – Motion to Consolidate Appeals
- December 8, 2016 – Notice of Filing Motion to Reinstate Automatic Stay
- December 8, 2016 – Motion to Reinstate Automatic Stay
- December 8, 2016 – Appellee’s Response to Order to Show Cause
- December 12, 2016 – Order Stay Pending Appeal and Expediting Appeal
- January 11, 2017 – Initial Brief
- February 2, 2017 – Reply Brief
- February 2, 2017 – Request for Consolidated Oral Argument
- February 6, 2017 – Notice of Oral Argument
- May 9, 2017 – Opinion
The following are links to the 2015 and 2016 NCCI Rate Filings:
To access NCCI filings from previous years, visit the I-File Forms & Rate Filing Search System.
Public comments regarding the NCCI public rate hearing were accepted through August 23, 2016.
Under Florida law, written communications to the Office are public record; this would include email addresses and phone numbers. They are subject to public
disclosure, including being available to the public and media. For more information, visit the Office of Insurance Regulation's